WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Two top blogs get my vote!

I've had an exciting day thanks to the men that deliver my mail...
First of all...Welcome to my new followers..."4 in the herd" and "duchess declutter"  and Vic"....thank-you for reading my blog.

Since finding this amazing blog world back in February this year..I have come to meet some very friendly people...and all sharing their knowledge too, which is fantastic....Not only do we get to hear what works but what doesn't work or hasn't worked in the past....I love reading blogs, but it takes up so much time...I find myself becoming distracted easily. Being part of the blogging world opens up a whole world of possibilities for anyone who wants to take them on. But you must discipline yourself to how long you spend blog surfing.

Back to my mail......Today, I received in the mail...from Sherrie at Simpleliving two lovely handmade enviro bags. Sherrie posted a give-away to celebrate her blog's 1st anniversary...which I am pleased to say; I won!
Sherrie also sells these bags on her blog...she has an amazing gift for sewing, with her French seams and perfectly straight sewing; displaying just some of her natural talents.

I highly recommend you check out Simpleliving......it is a fantastic blog. While you're there, buy an enviro bag...they are affordable, they help the planet, and most of all, they are beautifully hand crafted by a lovely lady.


I also received in the mail today, a fresh batch of Milk Kefir Grains..and a fresh batch of Water or Sugar Kefir Grains from Lisa at Sewing the Seeds of Change. Lisa writes about her Kefir and I am very thankful for her sending me some to try. That will need to be another post though..(coming soon).
Lisa's blog is fantastic as well. Check out her post about making Nut Milk and a yummy looking recipe for pickled onions..but like Sherrie, Lisa has loads of interesting posts on her blog....

Thanks Lisa

Water kefir grains after straining

Milk Kefir Grains after straining
You will need to come back and check out what I do with the Kefir Grains....stay tuned..............

7 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness they arrived in one piece...phew. I was a tad worried I'd be the cause of a whole load of mail being contaminated LOL. Fingers crossed they spring to life for you!

    I'll be doing a post soon about about my experiments with fruit flavoured kefir. That should help get you off the fizzy drinks.

    Narelle, thanks so much for linking to my blog :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Narelle, So glad the bags arrived so quickly Australia post are so quick these days :)I really hope you enjoy using the bags. Thankyou for the kind words about my blog and my bags. The shoe bags can have many uses, eg great for storing socks,stockings,hankies,underwear, hair accessories the list goes on realy. Thankyou for linking to my blog:) If anyone would like to purchase any of the bags I make, here is a link to the blog where I sell them. http://sherriesbagworld.blogspot.com/
    Narelle I hope you have a great day :)
    Sherrie from Simpleliving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa: I've got bubbles ..I can't believe how quickly they ferment...and I get to have a different flavour each time I brew it.

    Sherrie: The bags are so beautiful...your more than welcome for the link...Thanks for letting my readers know the link for buying them. They should prove a very popular product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an interesting blog! have just finished making my citrus cleaner, and i am looking forward to trying some of your other recipes and household tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi NellyMary,just wanted to say that I really love your blog, I only discovered it early this week :-) I was really interested in the citrus cleaner recipe and I have made two jars already,one is lemon and the other mandarin,will let you know how they turn out in a couple of weeks time.Looking forward to reading more of your wonderful ideas.
    Gabriella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archer's Mum: Hi there, you won't be disappointed with the citrus cleaner...the beauty is you can keep adding peel to it......Hope you come back and tell me about any recipes or tips you try from my blog.

    Gabriella: Hi there! Thanks for reading my blog..I'm glad you have made the switch to the citrus cleaner...Hope you find some interesting posts to read.

    Ladies: Don't forget to take a photo of your citrus cleaner...email it to me..with your name and destination...and I will publish it along with the other citrus photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi nellymary,
    what a wonderful blog you have.full of great tips and lovely recipes.
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...