WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The little things....17 to 36

Please be patient...I'm having major tech problems with Blogger at the moment....It's taken more than 24 hours to add these photos.
I'm in contact with Blogger, so it shouldn't be much longer before things are back to normal.
After you have checked out my new photo's, head over to Blooming Gardens to see what's happening there. I'm a bit behind in writing for them too, due to Blogger difficulties, but I'm working on solving the problem and will be back there very shortly.




One of Poppy's Maggies which comes visiting
when Poppy is home from Truck Driving
He's watched 4 generations now


Harvesting my Elephant Garlic

Some of Poppy's wood for the fire come Winter

It was good Yabby season this time at Poppy's
We dined on Yabby/Laksa sausage rolls, pizza's and more
All freshly hunted, gathered, cooked and eaten!



At Poppy's under the shade....
They'd never met before, but a deck of cards bought them together

Pomegranate 

Well behaved for the camera, thank-you young man!





We often discuss 'Sex in the Garden', but not this type of sex.
Usually it's all about Pollinating..lol

Can anyone tell me what type of fruit this is?
Growing near Brisbane
at least 6m high

Bagging your apples, to save them from the dreaded Fruit Fly
CLICK HERE to Check out Jean & Grahams spectacular vegie garden
Truly Inspirational!





3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you again, nellymary! Your photographs are lovely - I've never seen a pomegranate growing before! - and the bright colors are especially welcome today...the snow is thigh-deep here, and it's -18C.
    I hope the blogger issues are resolved soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Quinn, when the pomegranate are even smaller they look like little parcels of gold. I can't imagine trying to live with the weather being so cold, you must have some huge difficulties to cope with. I hope the blogger issues are resolved soon too. I'm especially having trouble writing for Blooming Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and I love the Canadian Jays. Or magpies lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...