WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, June 28, 2013

PB Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bites


Thanks for all the wonderful words for my last post, It was a true joy to hear from you all....and yes, I was right....He was a rooster, (he proudly began testing his voice just yesterday), but he got kindly and quickly dispatched today and popped in the freezer. I'm picking up two more roosters from someone else tomorrow and I'll do the same with them.

************************************************

I've been trying to go a lot healthier these days....We have bad hearts, diabetes and kidney troubles in the family just to name a few....
So I figure the healthier I eat, the healthier I should be.
(If I can just keep away from all the Quick Fix-Processed Foods, I'd be fine)

I recently discovered a cookie dough recipe on my facebook page that was reasonably healthy...and I know that although I'm trying to be grainfree at the moment, I also know that they have choc-chips in them, but I do want the rest of the family to enjoy them too! I'll just need to go steady with how many I eat.....
Did I mention there is ......
No Flour !
No Oil !
No White Sugar !

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bites....Yummm!

For a triple batch which I made; see the red adaptions....

1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel 

2 full cans, rinsed and dried quickly
2 teaspoons vanilla extract  6 tspns
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter 495grams
1/4 cup (80 grams) honey   3/4 cup
1 teaspoon baking powder**   3 tspns
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it  3 pinches 
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips  3/4 cup

* My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons

** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.

If your making a triple batch I suggest blending the chickpeas smooth first, then transferring to a mixing bowl (electric as well at this stage would be even better)...then continue by adding the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth, then fold in the choc chips.

Combine all the ingredients,  except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.

Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.

With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls (I used about 3/4 of a tablespoon per ball). Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes. I thought they took much longer than 10 minutes, more like 15 to 20 depending on your oven.

Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.
*** Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. 
   

Remember....they are Cookie Dough Bites...so they aren't as firm as a cookie, rather doughy inside...but they ARE delicious....
I enjoyed 3 for desert tonight! What a treat!                                  

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bites

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...