What items are on the go in your house?
Taking inspiration from Rose's thread for her freezer inventory organisation over at the Down to Earth Forum......looking around my home, you could be excused to be thinking I have a few witches brews going here and there.....Although you won't see any Eye of Newt or any other freaky things around here...
I know I will forget some things...and it doesn't matter really...the point is...I always have something on the go.......and I would love to hear what everyone else is up to too.
Things without photos at the moment....are:
- Soap is drying
- There's newly planted things in the garden....
- Cream sitting on the counter for 24 hours to begin a nice flavour to make clotted cream butter
- a bag of frozen mashed sweet potato is defrosted on the sink to make scones.
- Chillies threaded on cotton and hung to dry (from a friend)
- Lemons off my tree....(I picked my first 9 lemons ever!!) Yay!! I had to pick them because Cocky's got two of them...The Nerve!..I hope I get a bigger yield next year, but for a first....Not bad....I think I will make Lemon Butter...that way we get to enjoy OUR lemons for many more months to come.
- Stevia seeds drying....
- Vanilla pod drying to use 2nd time around in Vanilla sugar.
Things that I do have a photo of to show you are:
- I started a sourdough baby from the rest of my Kefir milk....and am now feeding it daily with wholemeal flour and water....
- The lactic acid mix for the Bokashi powder I am making.
- Seeds soaking to start a new batch of Sprouts...I also have Sprouts ready to eat in the fridge.
|L to R: Sourdough baby, Lactic Acid mix waiting to seperate, Seeds soaking to sprout|
- Vanilla extract...brewing away for xmas gifts
- Citrus Cleaner...how could I forget that one? lol
- Newly strained Pineapple/Apple Vinegar
- Newly strained Honey Dew Melon Vinegar
- Newly strained Apple Cider Vinegar
- White wine Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
|I love how thick the 'mother' is floating on top.|
|Using the White Wine Vinegar 'Mother' to kick start some new vinegars.|
|Red Wine Vinegar 'Mother'|
|see the ones in front, wrapped in plastic....|
they're off to Caroline in QLD (finally)
- Persimmons are beginning to ripen...All the way from Canberra.....Tammy, I haven't forgotten about the Persimmon Challenge...they have been happy in their box up until now...but lately a few are starting to change...so I have spread them out ...Mum tried one last night that was ripe...and she said it wasn't astringent at all...I do have a cake recipe for using astringent persimmons...and the rule is don't eat the cake until it is completely cold....then it doesn't take on that astringent effect on your tongue.......
- Sweet potatoes, ....both normal and purple skinned
- Ginger....these will be planted out as soon as I prepare a space for them.
- Pink pontiac potatoes...these will be planted out as soon as I prepare a space for them.
- Chokos....I have kept a few back to shoot...as I think a few people might be wanting a plant.....If you would like one....I'm willing to barter, (more so to cover the costs of postage.)
Phew!! So what's growing or on the go in your house?...is it in the garden, maybe the kitchen...or even the craft room....
I'd love to hear what you have on the go at the moment.....even better; blog about it, then come back and leave a link to your blog in a comment.