WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Left Overs on Pizza



Many thanks to Rhonda at Down to Earth for this concept.

This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back to here from your blog by saying you're part of "On my mind". Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you've done that, come back here and add a comment below, with  a link to your blog.


Last night we had home made pizza's, with left overs....I had a few slices of silverside left from during the week, and also about half a cold oven baked chicken. So that is what we had on our pizza's. I have to tell you...they were just as yummy as the last pizza's I made.

Kenwood Appliances - KM006 - EON Chef Major Kitchen MachineUsing my new Kenwood mixer...(I've never had a mixer that is hands free...wooohooo) I added 3 1/2  cups of homemade yoghurt......and about 5 cups of Self Raising Flour....and mixed it on a low speed until a dough was formed. I made the dough into four balls.



I'm not getting any credit for showing you my new Mixer, and I have had it for about 2 weeks now...My last whizzer I bought at K-Mart about 15 years ago.....so it has done me well. It's been giving that burnt smell every time I use it for a few months now......So I bid it fair well...and move on..... Move on to bigger and better whizzers that is......I'm excited at all the attachments you can get for it.....and what other kitchen appliance's it can replace.When buying an appliance we try to buy the best we can afford at the time. I think it's no point buying junk...if I buy junk, I usually get nothing but trouble. (Except for my freaky whizzer that went for so many years). If I recall though, back then it was still the best I could afford at the time and it had a huge 2 litre bowl...lol

Back to the leftovers pizza!
For the base sauce, I used my soup starter....adding garlic and lots of herbs is always a good thing on a pizza  and this starter is excellent for a pizza sauce.


Now for the leftovers......from top to bottom working from Left to Right.
Cheese
Chicken Stuffing
Capsicum
Silverside
Chicken
Tomato
and beaten egg (from the fridge)

 All that, makes this......3 times.

 After being in a hot oven until golden brown
and cooked through in the centre..... You get this!

We were so full, I didn't make up the fourth ball of dough...But we will use it for a dessert tonight. The boys have been bugging me for chocolate brevilles lately. So I guess I'll make something similar using the dough instead of bread...and in the form of a roly poly......

I'm sorry I haven't included a photo with this recipe...I don't like doing that....but here is the recipe anyway.......
Donut like dessert with chocolate centres. 
  1. Prepare 2 slices of bread by buttering on one side each.....
  2. With slice A, place on bread board with butter side up......then place slice B on top of slice A, with butter side down. 
  3. Now on the unbuttered top of slice B....spread Chocolate Spread over the entire piece of bread.
  4. Lift up Slice B and place on the sandwhich toaster...with butter side still down....
  5. Then place slice A on top of Slice B with butter side on top. 
  6. Shut the lid of your sandwich maker and bake until golden brown.
  7. After removing your Chocolate Toasted Sandwich from the sandwich maker....
  8. Dip the sandwich halves into cinnamon sugar, then enjoy!
And there you have one of the quickest desserts out there....and oh soooo yummy...almost like a freshly cooked donut with a chocolate centre. They are very yummy, but I only buy chocolate spread once in a blue moon....so it is definitely a treat for us.
These donut like desserts are just as yummy with home-made jam 
inside them instead of chocolate spread.

I've got plenty of work to do today....and more seeds to sort....Yesterday, for some silly reason, I decided to change not one but two lounge-rooms around.....so today I need to get more organised...there's stuff everywhere here at the moment...Look what happens when your unattended, no one to answer to and it's pouring rain outside.....

When the boys come home from work and school, I will get them to help me move the longer lounge from the back lounge-room to the main living area and put the couch that is there, in the back lounge.
Why....so I can sit beside my hubby when he comes home...and even lay down beside him with my head on his knee. This will make night-time television nice and cosy.







11 comments:

  1. Leftovers on pizza is a great idea! I like to make up a bunch of crusts for my children to customize their own pizzas, and now I will remember to set out the leftovers for toppings.

    BTW, your new mixer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy left overs on pizza too and I sometimes make a left over fried rice! Thanks for sharing your recipes, I think we must try your chocolate toasted sandwiches this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, jumped over for D2E. I am lazy and use bought bases (tortilla) and use whatever is in the fridge/cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum.
    I love leftovers pizzas. My MIL saves all the leftover bits of cold meat and pops them int he freezer. Then when she has enough she makes a tonne of pizzas. I do the same now but I also like to brown off some mince with onion and garlic to add too.
    Then I mix all the toppings together. All the diced meat, grated cheese, shopped veg, pineapple, whatever I'm using.
    Then when it comes to assemble I just spread the base with sauce add a little bit of cheese to act like a glue and sprinkle the topping on. Because everythings been mixed in a bowl it's all even

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum....great way to use up leftovers....i think i have tomorrow's dinner sorted! I hope it stops raining for you soon!
    Love your mixer....i m hoping for something similar for my birthday!
    Jode x

    ReplyDelete
  6. On My Mind:http://simpleromantic.blogspot.com/2011/11/sewing-another-virtual-handkerchief.html

    Hi Nellymary

    Once again I've incorporated comments about todays entry on YOUR blog into today's entry on MY blog. I'm not sure if I"m doing On My Mind correctly. Is this the right procedure????

    I included a paragraph or two about my activities and yours syncing up. So writing 'wise I'm doing the right thing. But I'm not sure if I should just be posting this as a comment or doing something else :-) I am trying to pursue more guest blogging, so I would like to learn how to do this.

    Also I wrote in my blog entry that I needed to ask you if people who live in Australia still call it the "Land Down Under" or is that out of date and somehow disrespectful? Is sounds folksy and charming to me, but I don't live there! So maybe it's gone out of favor and I should edit that out. Please let me know :-)

    I always enjoy seeing my (blog subscription) emails come through from you.

    Laurel
    Lshimer AT my DOT smccd DOT edu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, the pizza is making my stomach growl! Such a great tip for using leftovers and having a great meal with them.
    Have a great weekend! :)

    visiting from Down To Earth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious!!!!! We had homemade pizza on Friday night and it was such a treat. We haven't made it in ages! I usually use bits of leftovers, too - such a great way to use things up. Too bad cheese is so expensive, or we'd have pizza more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone..to those who have jumped over from D2E, welcome, and I hope you stick around and check out my many great ideas.
    I love being able to use up my leftovers. Have you ever noticed that what you create with leftovers, is just as good or even better than the original meal? There you have it! no excuse for not using your leftovers.
    Little Home in the Country: Hi Sherrie, when block cheese is on special here...I buy two and put them in the freezer...It defrosts fine.

    thanks everyone for commenting on my blog..I greatly appreciate each and every one of you.

    Laurel, I have left a comment on your blog explaining the On My Mind feature...I hope you can work it out.
    Becci, I do that too with my cheese...thanks for your great ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to tell you I made those Pizzas last night thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, now I'm hungry. Hmm, 11.30 pm snack? Nah, I should just get my butt to bed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...