Other things I will do today:
Sort the seeds I harvested yesterday...Mitzuna, Corn Salad & Bok Choy
sorry it's blurry
I ran out of my soup starter the other day, and have already made that this morning. This time I included the following ingredients:
- 1 big bunch of spring onions (from the garden)
- 1 large Spanish onion
- a good cup of minced garlic..(I use the bottled variety because I just don't have time to peel that much garlic)
- a big bunch of freshly picked parsley (also in the garden)
- a bigger bunch of Sorrel (also in the garden)
- a small bunch of Marjoram and Thyme (also in the garden) Adding Olive Oil while it is whizzing to make a good spooning consistency. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge. Remember, anything you add will be a time saver....If you have it, add it! I use this starter for many different recipes...I love it on the 2 ingredient pizza dough (oooh I have a good idea for some flat bread to go with dinner tonight) or stirred into cooked pasta. It also makes a delicious dressing too. The list is endless where you can use this starter.
On Tuesday I was given a recipe for a summer beverage that was also good for you...So I decided try it.
To 2 litres of water, add the following:
12 mint leaves
half a cucumber, sliced
a teaspoon of ginger (sliced, slivered or grated)
1 medium lemon, sliced
Leave this to steep for 24 hours or overnight...then strain, chill and drink.
It is rather nice once chilled, although my mother wasn't too impressed, although she likes cucumber, it does seem to take over the other flavours a bit.
Once you strain it, begin again for another 12 hour steep...Now going by flavour, adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. Some ingredients you will be able to use again over a few days, like the ginger and lemon. Remember, there is no sugar in this drink and it is also a mild diuretic. After working in the garden, it was a nice change to chilled water or Kefir water.
When I begin in the kitchen this-morning, I will remove the cucumber, replace the mint, add more lemon and ginger....but it's good either way.
I'm off to hang the washing, (inside)...mop the floors, tidy the bedrooms, then back to the kitchen.......
What are you up to today?