Each month we will cover similar topics, but it will be specific to that particular month...I like this, as we get to learn as each month comes around.....a far better way of learning so much information.
The topics we covered were:
- Bed Preparation
- Vegetable Gardens
- Soil Preparation
- Raised Vegetable Gardens
- Vegetables for containers
- Companion plants
- Plants for shade
- Types of Propagation and how
- Plants of the month
|A garden scoop from a plastic soda bottle|
Thanks for the reminder
|Rundown on compost at all different stages...very hands on display|
|30 students, a full class.|
|Leaf Propagation using Rex Begonia|
|Kathy learning to propagate with Stem Cuttings|
|Emily learning to propagate with Stem Cuttings|
|learning to propagate using the Dividing method.|
Flax and Cordylines
My homework for the month of September is the following:
- Plant more marigolds from seed for companion planting....(spread through-out the veg garden).
- Plant more Basil from seed for companion planting....(amongst tomatoes)
- Plant Pyrethrum from seed for companion planting.....(near Brassica's)
- Keep working on my compost.....
- Add ash to the compost bin, not directly onto the garden....ooops
- Plant bean seeds as well as other seeds........
- Propagate Rosemary.....
- Propagate Lavender......
- Buy seed raising mix for better germination.....
- Divide Aloe Vera & Bromeliads.....
- Fertilize every fortnight....(I've been very slack with this)
- Set up a Liquid Weed Fertilizer instead of putting my weeds in the compost.....
- Finish the new garden bed in the front yard......(My trees need a home)
- From Hazelton's Hardware in Albion Park...I need to buy Bales of Straw $8, Wood Shavings & Seed Raising Mix.....
- Gather all the Curl Grubs from soil by watering soil with a Soapy solution.......
Phew!!! That's a lot of work when you put it on one list...But I'm definitely up for the challenge...
What are you doing in your garden this month?