Darren writes :
- Jason posted about his fruit tree swales, giving me more ideas for my swales. He also left a very detailed and well-thought out comment on my post – thanks!
- I ‘met’ (via email, through another new friend) nellymary, another local Illawarra blogger. She posts a lot of great info about simple living, frugality, gardening, preserving, bread- and cheese-making, stockpiling, fishing and more. Check her stuff out at Just Like My Nan Made (great blog name, by the way!).
- More tinyhouse fantasising, this time looking at the incredibly well-crafted Innermost House.
- The New York Times reports that the US is seeing increasing interest in farming as a career for younger people, although they don’t seem to be pursuing the industrial model. Instead they’re getting into the local, organic, specialty side of things.
- The idea of wind knitting is kind of cool - using wind power to run mechanical knitting machines.