WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A busy weekend with Mushroom Soup

We've had a rather busy weekend, with lots of things to be done....I have made the Low Allergy Soap after rendering a batch of animal fat. It turned out so creamy looking with the best trace I have ever had (even though I have only ever made 4 soaps). I also made CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP, and served it up for lunch today, the soup was sooo delicious and made up from the free  mushrooms, spring onions and parsley from the garden, milk, cream and salt n pepper to taste. Only the best mushroom soup ever tasted, None of that packet stuff more us anymore. My only regret was that we didn't have homemade bread with it.





I had forgotten to get the bread machine on and going....I thought of it a few times throughout the day, but well, other things took over, and yep! I never did get that  bread machine going today, Oh well, tomorrow is another day....

Hubby got both batches of beer done, and he managed to fix the gate. I plan to sit in front of the tv tonight and grate my homemade soap, this is used as one of the engredients for my Laundry Powder....It is soo good...

No baking today, no muffins yet. We had meatloaf and veges for tea. The meatloaf was from when I made up such a big batch, that it made two.....this one came out of the freezer.  Come to think of it, as meatloaf goes, this was a pretty lah-dee-dah meatloaf, because it was based on Turkey and Pork...I had gotten sausages marked down really cheap and just squeezed the meat out of the casings..I still added my grated veges, herbs and spices, and other bits and pieces. and it turned out really yummy....

It's passed 8pm now, I still have to make sandwiches for DH and DS19 for work tomorrow. I hope I get that soap grated, and I may just get the bread machine set for the morning.....the mushroom soup is going in the freezer in batches tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...