WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Update on mushrooms galore

Is it just 4 days, since I got these mushroom compost bags.....my how they grow so quickly.....I am very happy with my free mushrooms...



check out here, what they were like just 4 days ago....you will have to scroll down a fair way past the mushroom stems for compost

1 comment:

  1. OOoh, YUM!!

    Mushroom picking makes me very nervous. I'm not very sure what to look for.


    ... BUT!

    I'm going to go scrolling through your blog now for information so we can try this!

    Catherine (Melbourne)
    .. visiting from DTE forum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...