WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, February 18, 2011

TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY

***********************************************************************
TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY....

Well, we didn't go out for tea, just had takeaway at home. I didn't get the washing folded and put away, but at leasT I got it all washed and back inside.....I kind of overdone it in the garden...AGAIN!!!   I stayed out there until 12.30pm, time just got away from me....I did all the work out in the sun first...got those two wheelbarrows of dirt into the new compost bin and then moved under the carport to plant and repot...I love planting seeds, if its in the shade, I find it so calming; problem later is where to plant it all. Oh well.

There's still no ice-cream in the freezer but there is plenty of pumpkin scones and muffins in there, so I may just get some of them out tomorrow morning.

I looked at the cleaning buckets, and well; they gave me a look back....so no more cupboard doors got cleaned. Its probably a good chore to do during the week anyway, when I'm not distracted. What else did I say I wanted to get done? Oh the dehydrator, nope, didn't do that either.

Am I happy with my achievements for the day? Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I always do what I can depending on my pain levels. Sometimes I can get a big list done in the one day, and sometimes I can't....but I always say.............
Tomorrow is another day.
Hope you had a great day and  thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...