WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

No Bake - Banana Slice

For a printable copy with 4 copies on one page go to http://www.docstoc.com/docs/71459083/BANANA-LOG-ROLL

I have no idea why it is called a 'New Zealand' xmas slice.

New Zealand Xmas Slice 

120 grams butter or margarine
1 X 250 gm packet of Marie Biscuits
180 g of banana lollies
½ cup of white choc dots   
½ cup desiccated coconut
½  tin of condensed milk
Extra desiccated coconut to roll in

1.   Smash biscuits to dust but leaving some chunky bits.
2.   Cut banana lollies up (roughly about 4-6 pieces each).
3.   Place biscuit, banana’s, coconut and choc dots in bowl.
4.   Warm the butter through and add the condensed milk
5.   Stir thoroughly to combine the two.
6.   Now add the butter mix to the dry mix and mix well.
7.   Take a piece of grease proof paper and sprinkle some coconut on it to the length of the paper.
8.   Add the mixture to create a long log. (I normally make it into 3 logs to make it more manageable.)
9.   Sprinkle more coconut on top.
10. Squish together to combine and wrap tightly.
11. Roll into a log and refrigerate.
12. Once cold cut into slices and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...