WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Child friendly recipes

CHOCOLATE CUSTARD1tblspoon cocoa, 3 dessertspoons sugar, 2 cups milk, 3/4 tablespoon custard powder, vanilla extract (to taste)
Mix cocoa & custard powder to a paste with a little milk. Put remainder of milk to boil. Add sugar to milk and then cocoa/custard paste. Stirring all the time. Bring to boil for 1 minute still stirring. Then add vanilla. Stir then pour in serving dish.

HONEY BUBBLE CRUNCH (Rice bubble bars)
125 grams butter or margerine, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, 4 cups rice bubbles (cheap brand), 1 cup coconut.
Boil butter, sugar and honey for 5 minutes. Stir into rice bubbles and coconut. Spread into a greased slab tin and press flat. Half set in fridge, then cut into slices or squares. Enjoy, I used to wrap seperately, stir in fridge and put in lunch box each day.

MILO BISCUITS....OMG SO YUMMY
125 grams butter or margerine, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1& 3/4 cups Self Raising Flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup Milo, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence.
Beat together butter and sugars, & vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in egg. Fold in sifted flour and milo. Roll mixture into balls& place on greased trays. Flatten with a fork. Bake 180 degrees celcius for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 40.

QUICK CHOCOLATE LOG CAKE- Great dessert
600 mls cream, 2 heaped dessertspoons Chocolate Quick powder, 250 grams favourite biscuits, A Nestle Peppermint Crisp (optional)
Whip cream and Chocolate Quick Powder together, Use this cream to join biscuits together in a log form. Cover log with reamining cream, sprinkle chopped Peppermint Crisp over log and leave overnight to soften...

CARAMEL MARSHMALLOW BISCUITS
1/2 cup Caramel 'Top N Fill', 250g Marie Biscuits or plain arrowroot biscuits, 15 plain marshmallows, 1 cup Milk chocolate melts.
1. Spoon tspn of caramel in centre of 15 biscuits and spread evenly...leave aside.
2. On another 15 biscuits, place a marshmallow in centre.
3. Place 5 biscuits at a time around turntable in your microwave.
4. cook on high for 20 seconds.
5. Remove from microwave and press caramel covered biscuit onto marshmallow biscuit. Repeat until finished.
6. Melt chocolate and criss-cross drizzle over top of each stack of biscuits....Refridgerate until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...