WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Cutting the soap

I'm up early, its pouring rain, but before rising, claps of thunder could be heard in the distance. I think we are only going to get the rain today though. This water will do my fresh garden beds well....I have new seedlings coming along nicely, ready for the freshly dug garden beds...I have never been so organised in the garden, I'm all ready for winter gardening, bring it on I say.

This morning I have already cut yesterday's soap, I feel it was a bit crumbly towards the base, when cutting it...maybe I should have cut it last night before going to bed...maybe I was a few hours late and that's why it crumbled when the knife was half way through....

Anyway, overall, it is a good soap.....the animal fat was free..I think I will have to pass some onto the butcher and barter for some more fat.



Above is the Low Allergy Body Soap made from the Rendered Animal Fat




Above shows the bucket, I will even let the left over residue dry from the bucket. The crumbs from that will be added to make my Laundry Powder or dishwasing liquid. This way I don't have to scrape a caustic bucket to get every last bit, and I have no waste.


Here is an update on the first two soaps I made.....
The Lemon Verbena soap and the Olive Oil soap.

I made these two soaps on 7 Feb, I can't believe I still have 3 weeks to go, before trying out my new soaps.....Has it only been 3 weeks since I made this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...